Since my last post on my major project for this semester: I am still enthusiastic, have had lots of “rough draft” ideas, and have compiled a little bit more of a concrete plan. I really just need to sit down and organize my ideas and make a to-do list of tasks and assignments for students to complete throughout the unit. I basically need to just sit down and do it.
I have made one major decision, I have decided that I will create a Sway for students to access materials and work their way through the unit.
I have used Sway in the past think it will work well for this project for this project because:
- It’s posted online so it’s easily accessible for students.
- I can update or amend portions, and it will automatically update online.
- Both students and I have access to the program through our school Office 365 accounts.
- It’s easy to use and I can insert various types of media.
- Students will be able to work at their own pace through the unit.
The few major items that I can think of right now that I need to complete are:
- Find an online Digital Citizenship quiz, or create one. Just as an introduction to provide them some insight or feedback into their online dealings.
- Create a Flipgrid as a discussion space for some of the activities.
- Organize an assignment for students to create a Public Service Announcement for their peers regarding how they behave online.
- Once I am done the above I need to finalize/ organize each of the “days” in the unit.
- Create an introduction.
- Convert my current word document into a Sway, which is really easy!
Again, I basically just need to sit down and do it! At this point I feel like making lists and thinking about it all is taking more effort than it would take to actually complete the work – does that make sense?
Thanks for reading!
Gifs via Giphy